Anti Wrinkle Injections
More laughter, less lines
Anti Wrinkle Injections helps smooth away the years by soften existing lines and reducing the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Our qualified medical team administer this treatment ensuring your safety.
Common Areas for Treatment:
- Crows Feet (outer corner of eyes)
- Glabella (the area between eyebrows)
- Bunny Lines (lines on the nose)
- Jaw Line
Before treatment, you will need a consultation to assess your skin and review your goals and expectations and receive extensive information about the treatment with a personalised treatment plan for you.
Here at Allure Derma, we are renowned for our premium products, safe and expertly performed treatments. Our highly qualified Registered Nurse and our team of experienced therapists will leave you with results that are effective, subtle and natural looking.
Anti Wrinkle Injections comprise a series of small injections into the targeted area to relax muscles that cause lines and wrinkles to appear. Before treatment commences your treating Registered Nurse will map out the areas to be addressed to ensure treatment accuracy for the best results.
The number of doses needed differs, depending on the strength of the muscle at the treatment area and the existing lines and wrinkles.
Anti Wrinkle Injections are composed of a natural, purified protein that blocks the enzyme called acetylcholine at the presynaptic nerve endings, which inhibit the communication between the nerves and the muscles and stop these muscles from contracting and forming wrinkles. By reducing muscle activity, lines caused by repeated and involuntary facial expressions soften, minimised or prevented. Correct and individual dosing by an experienced injector means clients should still be able to create natural facial movements. This minimally invasive procedure usually takes approximately an hour, including consultation time and there is no downtime.
Effects can be noticeable in as little as 48-72 hours with peak onset of effect between 2-4 weeks; this effect generally lasts through to 8 weeks from which there is a gradual return of muscle movement after 12 -16 weeks.
Different individual factors can influence the longevity of the treatment, but generally, treatments are every four months.
Before your treatment, you will be required to have a consultation with our Registered Nurse and prescribing Doctor who will look at your health history, areas of concern for treatment to determine if you are a suitable candidate.
One Week Prior:
- Avoid blood thinning medications
- Avoid supplements: Multivitamins, Green Tea, Cinnamon, Ginger and Omega 3.
2 Days Prior:
- Avoid topical products: Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinol, Retinoids, glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, or any “anti-aging” products.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or hair removal cream on the treatment area.
24 Hours Prior:
- Avoid Alcohol
Anti-wrinkle injections are generally well tolerated. Your registered Nurse will numb the treatment area with ice packs, or topical anaesthetic applied in susceptible individuals at an added cost. The doses are rapid, of small volume and use the smallest needles possible.
Anti Wrinkle Injections may not be suitable if you have:
- Bleeding disorders
- Pregnancy, Breast Feeding
- Allergy to Botulinum Toxin
- Inflammation or infection at the injection site
- Extensive facial surgery
- Treatment with Botulinum toxin within the past few weeks
- Blood-thinning medications
- Myasthenia Gravis or Myasthenia syndrome
- Severe needle phobia
Like all treatments, Anti-wrinkle injections have their limitations, lines that are present despite facial expression called “static lines”; these can be softened but not entirely removed. Anti-wrinkle injections are not suitable for the improvement of skin laxity or volume loss.
Every medical procedure carries risk, and it is essential that you understand the risks involved. Please ensure you have had the process adequately explained to you before undergoing treatment and have read and followed all of the information provided to you before your Anti Wrinkle treatment.
- Mild, dull headache
- Mild discomfort, redness, localised bleeding & bruising
- Potential infection at the injection site
- Localised muscle weakness including temporary drooping of the eyelids/eyebrow
- Double vision, dry eyes
- Mild flu-like symptoms
- Allergic reaction
- Reduced sensation/loss of function
- Unsatisfactory results
The majority of side effects are rare, mild, transient and short-lived.
Avoid for 4 hours after treatment (to prevent toxin spreading and bruising)
- Rubbing or massaging treated areas (to avoid spreading toxin)
- Lying down (prevents toxin spreading)
- Exposure to hot tub or sauna (prevents bruising)
Avoid for 12 hours after treatment (to prevent toxin spreading and bruising)
- Strenuous exercise or excess alcohol
- Anti-inflammatory medication (like Ibuprofen) and Aspirin
A follow-up appointment two weeks post is necessary to assess the results. You may require additional units at this visit to achieve the desired effect.
We recommend regular, ongoing treatments. If treatment ceases, a gradual return of full muscle movement and subsequent return of fine lines and wrinkles. Stopping Anti-wrinkle injections does not make wrinkles worse; some people may get used to having very few lines while undergoing treatment and forget what their facial lines looked like before treatment.