A More Youthful Appearance
Dermal Fillers enhance and restore volume, correct asymmetries, deliver deep skin hydration, soften lines and wrinkles and restore fullness and definition to lips.
Dermal Fillers range in thickness, viscosity and characteristics which means different areas of the face require a specific type of dermal filler, one single filler type will not perform all treatments.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers:
- Immediate Results
- Long-Lasting and Subtle Results
- Self-confidence Build
- Benefit the Skin
Before treatment, you will need a consultation to assess your skin and review your goals and expectations and receive extensive information about the treatment with a personalised treatment plan for you.
Here at Allure Derma, we are renowned for our premium products, safe and expertly performed treatments. Our highly qualified Registered Nurse and our team of experienced therapists will leave you with results that are effective, subtle and natural looking.
Book your next appointment online
Book, reschedule or cancel your appointments all in once place.
What you need to know
Dermal Fillers are a smooth injectable gel made from hyaluronic acid, a type of complex sugar chain that is naturally present in body tissues where its primary role is to attract water and helps provide hydration, volume, structure and elasticity to your skin. Dermal Fillers fill the space of volume loss improving lines and wrinkles and increase your own hyaluronic acid to boost collagen and elastin production producing a natural and youthful appearance.
Before treatment, your treating Registered Nurse will clean the targeted areas, and you may be given a topical anesthetic to numb the area. The targeted areas are mapped out to ensure treatment accuracy for the best results and injected with a precise amount of filler.
As with a lot of cosmetic anti ageing procedures, the longevity of the product can vary between individuals. Dermal Filler results are long lasting but not permanent and are biodegradable meaning they will naturally disappear into the body.
Some clients (very active athletes, smokers, and highly stressed individuals) may find that the continuation of the product reduced.
Before your treatment, you will be required to have a consultation with our Registered Nurse and prescribing Doctor who will look at your health history, areas of concern for treatment to determine if you are a suitable candidate.
One Week Prior:
- Avoid blood thinning medications
- Avoid supplements: St Johns Wart, Vitamin E, Garlic, Ginkgo Biloba and omega three capsules
2 Days Prior:
- Avoid topical products: Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinol, Retinoids, glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, or any “anti-aging” products.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or hair removal cream on the treatment area.
24 Hours Prior:
- Avoid Alcohol
Some describe the procedure of Dermal Fillers as being “uncomfortable”. The application of Topical anaesthetic cream before treatment and the inclusion of Lidocaine (a local anaesthetic) within the filler means that most clients will tolerate the procedure. Ice packs can also be used to assist in possible bruising reduction and to add to the localised “numbing effect”
The following medical conditions may make you unsuitable for treatment or may require further investigation before undergoing treatments:
- Previous anaphylaxis to bee stings or other medications
- Active infection or skin condition in the area/close to the area of treatment
- Herpes Simplex Virus – (preventative medications may be suggested before treatment to reduce the incidence of an outbreak)
- Previous treatment with Permanent or stimulatory fillers (Aquamid, Sculptra)
- Currently taking Roaccutane
- Previous extensive facial surgery
- Medium depth chemical peel or laser resurfacing within the past six months
- Pregnant, Breastfeeding or planning to do so in the next six months
- Recurrent URTI or chronic sinus infections
- Blood-thinning medications
- Undergoing major dental work
Every medical procedure carries risk, and it is essential that you understand the risks involved. Please ensure you have had the process adequately explained to you before undergoing treatment and have read and followed all of the information provided to you before your Dermal Filler treatment.
Expected side effects include:
Potential risks and complications, though rare, include:
- Allergic reaction
- Skin Necrosis
- Formation of Granulomas (nodules under the skin)
- Vision complications/blindness in sporadic cases
There is a small chance that dermal filler treatment may induce an outbreak of cold sores in people with a previous history.
Immediately after treatment, there may be some redness, swelling, tenderness or a mild itching sensation in the treated area. This is a typical result of the injection and generally disappears in a few days. You will feel the product within the skin. It will take some weeks to settle into the surrounding tissue softening as it does so. The initial swelling after lip treatment may last longer. If symptoms persist or other reactions occur, please contact the clinic.
Where possible, use the 3 C’s of post-treatment outlined below.
- Apply a cold compress for 10 minutes every hour on the day of treatment (do not apply ice directly to the skin).
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Do not expose the area to intense heat (e.g. solarium/sauna).
- Avoid pressure to treated areas for the first few nights (especially if treated with cheek filler). Try sleeping on your back.
- Pain relief such as Panadol if needed to maintain comfort (avoid the use of Aspirin).
- To reduce any bruising, you may apply a topical treatment like Arnica or Hirudoid cream.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours.
- Do not use AHA’s (Alpha Hydroxy Acids), Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C or oil based make up for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid facials, facial waxing, Glycolic or AHA/BHA skin peels, IPL or energy-based treatments, skin needling and microdermabrasion for two weeks after treatment. Please check with the clinic before undergoing any other facial treatments within this time.
- Do not massage the treated area unless instructed.
A follow-up appointment two weeks post is necessary to assess the results. You may require additional units at this visit to achieve the desired effect.
The duration of dermal fillers increases with repeated treatments. Most clients choose to repeat the procedure in 6-12 months. Lips usually require retreatment in 6 months. Further treatment within 2-4 weeks may be necessary to achieve optimal results.