Cutera Excel V
Embrace the skin you're in
Excel V is a breakthrough laser treatment that delivers the power, precision, and performance to safely and effectively treat the widest range of superficial to deep vascular conditions, benign pigmented lesions and skin revitalisation concerns.
Excel V offers state of the art treatments to help you look and feel your best.
- Diffuse redness
- Facial, leg, periorbital veins
- Port wine stains
- Spider veins
- Venous lakes
- Acne/ Acne Scars
- Age/ Brown spots
- Compromised skin
- Age/ brown spots
- Dermal pigment
Before treatment, you will need a consultation to assess your skin and review your goals and expectations and receive extensive information about the treatment with a personalised treatment plan for you.
Here at Allure Derma, we are renowned for our premium products, safe and expertly performed treatments. Our highly qualified Registered Nurse and our team of experienced therapists will leave you with results that are effective, subtle and natural looking.
Excel v delivers gentle micro-pulses that heat the upper dermis below your skin’s surface, that stimulates collagen remodelling, improving the appearance of wrinkles, diffuse redness and other noticeable signs of ageing.
Excel V treats vascular lesions by administering a unique high power green laser that is absorbed by the abnormal blood vessels in the skin. The laser heats the abnormal vessels until they are removed. At the end of treatment, the patient’s natural skin tone and colour are restored.
Excel V can be customised to each patient’s skin condition, enabling precise and effective treatment of everything from superficial blemishes to deep scars.
Although the individual treatment results are subtle, the overall effect of a treatment series can be quite dramatic.
Some patients might see significant improvement after just one treatment.
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment.
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved.
- No suntanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment. Includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for one to two weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories etc).
- Notify the clinic with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an antiviral prescription prior to treatment.
You will experience a gentle warming of your skin’s surface during the procedure. Patients often describe the treatment as relaxing and therapeutic. To minimize discomfort and protect the patient’s skin, Excel V uses a proprietary cooling mechanism.
All skin types and Fitzpatrick Levels may be treated.
You may notice a slight redness which will resolve within a few hours. Apply sunscreen and makeup, and return to your normal daily activities immediately.
Bruising, redness and swelling may occur and with resolve with time.
Notify the clinic of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling).
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum sunscreen to prevent further sun damage.
- Avoid heat – hot tubs, saunas for one to two days.
- Avoid skin irritants a few days post-treatment.
- Consult with your therapist about when to resume your skincare regime.
A series of four to six treatments are recommended to achieve an optimal outcome, and ongoing maintenance treatments are encouraged to sustain results over time.