Go Bare, Everywhere
Laser / IPL / SHR hair removal offers you the satisfaction of smooth silken skin all year round. Our fully qualified technicians use medical grade equipment and the latest techniques for safe, fast and affordable permanent hair reduction.
Laser / IPL / SHR benefits:
- Remove unwanted hair
- Prevent ingrown hairs
- Lighter regrowth
- Quick and easy
Before treatment, you will need a consultation to assess your skin and review your goals and expectations and receive extensive information about the treatment with a personalised treatment plan for you.
Here at Allure Derma, we are renowned for our premium products, safe and expertly performed treatments. Our highly qualified Registered Nurse and our team of experienced therapists will leave you with effective results.
Book your next appointment online
Book, reschedule or cancel your appointments all in once place
The therapist adjusts the Laser/IPL/SHR machine to the colour, thickness and location of your hair and your skin colour. As the therapist treats the area wavelengths of light are guided over the skin, and the hair absorbs the light energy. The energy heats the hair, damaging the follicle. The follicle is then unable to grow new hairs.
Results can be seen as early as 2 weeks after your first treatment.
How to minimise any discomfort felt during and after and increase the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Stay out of the sun, avoid tanning, tanning beds and self-tanners for a month.
- No plucking or waxing- the root of the hair must be present.
- No bleaching hairs
- Shave the treatment area a day or two before your appointment.
- Clean the treatment site – free from cosmetics, lotions and creams.
- Wear clothing that is loose fitting or leaves the area exposed.
Treatments will become more comfortable over time as the thicker hair follicles are reduced. The laser technician can adjust the settings to ensure your treatment is as comfortable as possible. Our SHR device offers the most comfortable hair removal treatments available with its motion technology.
Even if you have had Laser/IPL/SHR previously with another provider, each’s skin type is assessed and may require test patching before undergoing any Laser/IPL/SHR treatments.
Unsuitable traits include:
- White, blonde, grey or red hair does not contain enough melanin for targeting.
- Dark/black or recently sun-exposed skin or skin that has recently had fake tan applied.
- Broken, inflamed, diseased areas of skin, Eczema, Psoriasis.
- Raised pigmented lesions.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- History of insulin-dependent diabetes, Epilepsy, Lupus, Keloid scarring, tattoos in the treatment area, pacemaker, metal plates/pins or implanted contraceptive device in the treatment area.
- History of Roaccutane in the past six months.
- History of extreme photosensitivity- caution with clients on photosensitising medications.
Some minor side effects of Laser/IPL/SHR you may experience are:
- Redness and irritation
- Change in skin pigments
Rare Side Effects:
- Burns and blisters
- Excessive hair growth
- Eye Injury
- Risk of skin infection
- A mild to moderate “sunburn” feeling may persist in the treated areas for the next 2-3 days following treatment. Administer a cold compress to the treated area, and over the counter pain medications if required.
- Avoid sun exposure to the treated area.
- Use SPF 30+ sunscreen every day for continuous skin protection and reduction of pigmentation triggers.
- Administer a cold compress to the treated area – do not use ice directly to the site.
- Post hair removal – do not pluck, tweeze, wax or use depilatory creams.
- Avoid the use of skin care products containing ACTIVE ingredients for the next 24-48 hours – Eg; Retinol, Glycolic Acid, AHA’s, BHA’s, Vitamin C, or any harsh exfoliants.
- Avoid hot showers, spas, saunas or strenuous exercise for the next 24 hours- sweating and heat can increase the risk of irritation and possible folliculitis.
- Avoid excessive alcohol for 24 hours – Alcohol affects blood clotting and increased consumption can raise the risk of bruising and redness to the treatment area.
- Do not pick, rub or scratch treated areas- this can lead to potential infection and scarring.
- The use of mild cleansers and moisturisers is best, following treatment to avoid further irritation to the treatment areas.
Hair grows in cycles so that no treatment can offer permanent hair reduction in just one session. With regular treatments performed every 4 to 8 weeks for the body and every 2 to 4 weeks for the face.
Please be aware that factors such as hair growth rate, size of a hair follicle, treatment area, underlying hormonal conditions, medications and general health will all influence this. The number of treatments required vary between individuals.
Maintenance sessions recommended at 6-12 monthly intervals.