Look Younger, Naturally
Medical Facial is a revolutionary new injectable treatment, designed to rejuvenate and regenerate skin conditions related to ageing and scarring.
A Medical Facial can treat a vast number of skin conditions, including the following:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven or dull skin tone
- Dehydrated and dry skin
- Fine, thin crepe skin around the eyes<
- Fine, thin crepe skin on the neck and back of hands
- Mild scarring
- Scar improvement
- Acne scarring
- Improving skin elasticity
- Stretch marks
- Surgical/trauma Scars
Before treatment, you will need a consultation to assess your skin and review your goals and expectations and receive extensive information about the treatment with a personalised treatment plan for you.
Here at Allure Derma, we are renowned for our premium products, safe and expertly performed treatments. Our highly qualified Registered Nurse and our team of experienced therapists will leave you with results that are effective, subtle and natural looking.
Book your next appointment online
Book, reschedule or cancel your appointments all in once place
Medical Facials use the patient’s blood to harvest concentrated plasma, which is rich in platelets. When injected, these rich platelets release influential growth factors and natural stem cells that are specifically designed to stimulate regeneration and restructure of the skin tissue significantly. Growth factors and stem cells also increase cellular turnover and collagen production, which is the foundation of youthful, glowing and radiant skin.
The treatment process of a Medical Facial is safe, quick and easy. A numbing cream is applied, blood is drawn and processed, and the richest platelet part of the now separated plasma is then safely re-injected into the skin.
For extra efficiency, infuse the platelets into the skin with skin needling which immediately activates growth factors and stems cells, triggering rejuvenation that will result in renewed, youthful and vibrant skin.
Before your treatment, you will be required to have a consultation with our Registered Nurse and prescribing Doctor who will look at your health history, areas of concern for treatment to determine if you are a suitable candidate.
- It’s best to be well-hydrated 48 hours leading up to the procedure, so drink plenty of water.
- Reduce your fat intake for one to two weeks before the treatment.
- Reduce your alcohol and caffeine intake.
- Stop all omegas, green teas and other supplements that increase bruising for 2-3 weeks before platelet-rich plasma treatment- fish oils, garlic, ginseng.
As the treatment involves causing some degree of trauma to the skin, avoid other facial treatments that sensitise the skin one week before treatment.
Some clients may experience mild discomfort while receiving Medical Facial; an anaesthetic is applied to the treated area to ensure greater comfort
While a Medical Facial can be performed safely and effectively on the majority of patients, there may be some for whom it is not best-suited. People who are taking blood-thinning medications, has Hepatitis B & C or HIV viruses, undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy, pregnant or breastfeeding.
It is important to remember that the healthier you are, the better outcome you will have – we can only put back what we take out. Therefore poor diet, smoking, drug and alcohol use can reduce the efficacy of treatments. We will establish your suitability for the procedure in a free initial consultation, in which we’ll determine if it’s the best treatment for your specific skin concerns.
- Do not touch your face for at least 4 hours to allow the injection sites to heal.
- Wash your hands before touching injected areas to avoid introducing external infection.
- Do not wear make up for 24 hours after.
- Do not put ice the area or have hot showers (platelets do not like extremes of temperatures).
- Sleep with the treated area elevated. Propping up multiple pillows works well for this.
- You must wear sunscreen for at least one-month post treatment.
- Keep the area free of oil-based products, heavy cosmetics and thick moisturisers for at least two days post-treatment.
- The treated area will feel tender most commonly for up to one-week post-treatment. However, this can last up to two weeks.
- Bruising is an expected side effect of this treatment but may be reduced by the use of Arnica tablets and Bromelin extract, along with massaging Hirudoid cream into the area.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight, as well as rigorous exercise, saunas, hot baths and excessive amounts of alcohol, as these will exacerbate swelling and increase the possibility of bruising.
- Use gentle pH neutral skincare for 48 to 72 hours following treatment.
- Do not undergo any other facial treatments for at least two weeks following your Medical Facial.
- The body takes time to respond to the influx of growth factors from your treatment, as regeneration of skin cells happens very gradually over time. To enhance the benefits of a Medical Facial adopt a good skincare regimen and responsible sun protection habits, such as using an SPF 30+ moisturiser daily to protect skin from the harsh Australian sun.