It's time to love the Skin you're in
Microdermabrasion is a non invasive Beauty treatment that uses either course crystals or a rough diamond tipped device to gently abrade the superficial top layers of the skin.
It is the equivalent to a buff and polish and can be performed on the face, neck, Décolletage, hands or basically any part of the body that has developed a build up of thickened, rough skin. The abraded skin cells are sucked away by vacuum leaving a smooth clean feeling skin.
Microdermabrasion can improve:
- Enlarged and Clogged Pores
- Product Efficacy
- Oily or Dull Skin
- Fine Lines
Before treatment, you will need a consultation to assess your skin and review your goals and expectations and receive extensive information about the treatment with a personalised treatment plan for you.
Here at Allure Derma, we are renowned for our premium products, safe and expertly performed treatments. Our highly qualified Registered Nurse and our team of experienced therapists will leave you with results that are effective, subtle and natural looking.
Book your next appointment online
Book, reschedule or cancel your appointments all in once place
What you need to know
Microdermabrasion uses tiny crystals to exfoliate the skin and then suctioning out debris and impurities. It uses no chemicals and is not invasive. Microdermabrasion removes the dead and dry outer layer of the skin’s surface to reveal the healthy skin underneath.
- Cease the use of topical Vitamin A / AHA & BHA 1-3 days prior to your treatment.
- Microdermabrasion should not be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks post light chemical peel, cosmetic injectables, skin needling or laser treatments.
- Strict sun protection prior to and after microdermabrasion is advised.
Dull, thickened skin, fine lines, mild superficial pigmentation, Sluggish skins that require a little stimulation.
Sensitive skins, especially in those people who are affected by Rosacea, Eczema, or dermatitis. Active outbreaks of acne, Herpes virus, Lupus, broken skin integrity or recent sunburn. Individuals that have been on Oral Isotretinoin (Roaccutane) in the last 6 months or individuals prone to post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation are unsuitable for this treatment.
- Avoid the use of active ingredients – Vitamin A, AHA, BHA etc for 48 hrs post-treatment or until no discomfort if felt on the application.
- Practice strict sun protection following treatment- sunscreen and hat.
- Use mild cleansers and facial products for 48-72 hours post treatment
- Moisturise skin frequently and do not pick or scratch the skin to avoid the risk of infections, scarring or pigmentation.